1. Download the package Makefile from https://github.com/paradislover/shellinabox, current version it is 2.19.
2. Put it in openwrt source/package/utils
3. Call “make menuconfig”, select shellinabox in Network submenu.
4. Compile openwrt, and upgrade VoCore2 firmware.
5. Connect to VoCore2 by wire or wifi, now we can login to it from browser 192.168.61.1:4200.
I made another dock for VoCore2 Ultimate, added on board USB to Ethernet to replace old on board USB to TTL, this alter will make VoCore2 more flexble.
Currently the microUSB port is not only for power, but also it is another ethernet port(using port 1).
Once we connect it to computer, we can debug VoCore2 by USB LAN10/100, much faster and more stable.
PS: USB2TTL is removed from dock but still able to use an external device connect to UART0 for the console debug.
Now we can have more advanced usage:
ifconfig will find this device once it is connect to your Linux/MacOS computer.(Windows should be same)
en7: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::10ad:1794:b44f:59xx%en7 prefixlen 64 secured scopeid 0xf
inet6 fdac:96e9:9938::1874:61ba:9aca:6axx prefixlen 64 autoconf secured
inet6 fdac:96e9:9938::f85f:93f7:4c10:82xx prefixlen 64 autoconf temporary
inet 192.168.61.110 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.61.255
media: autoselect (100baseTX)
It alloced 192.168.61.110 for my computer.
This dock is specially for portable router, VPN connection.
Its shape is exactly same as VoCore2 Ultimate. 🙂
Here is the raw dock, based on RTL8152
This video is in Portuguese, better to enable Google translate and subtitle. A very nice video, clear than mine. 🙂
1. Switch port0 between “wan” and “lan”
change in VoCore2, /etc/config/network, first vlan is lan ports, second vlan is wan port, put 0 into second one, port0 will become lan port.
option ports '0 2 3 4 6t'
option ports '1 6t'
2. Restart wifi in console.
3. Clean memory of VoCore2 for long time usage.
sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
4. Play radio with VoCore2 Ultimate
(sleep 5;wget -O - http://icecast.cogecomedia.com:8000/chmp.mp3 | madplay -)&
(Canada Radio 🙂
5. Add password for UART console.
note: make sure busybox enable login command when compile busybox.
6. Windows7 or lower system can not install driver for USB2TTL
check this link: Connecting to the serial console on Windows 7
Patrick Coutu (contribute 3, 4)
Noble Pepper (contribute 6)